Saturday, January 19, 2008

Moving, remodeling, and adjusting

So, we finally closed on our house, and moved in! It was our first big move since we have been married. I can say the process took longer then we hoped. Being in a small one bedroom apartment, you would think it would be easy to pack up and move all in one day. However that was not the case, despite all my attempts to stay organized, and neat, it took us 3 days to move out and clean up.

We are so thankful for all those who came and helped us move and haul all our crap on such a cold night! I can't even imagine how long it would have taken us if we didn't have all those hands to help.

Zoe has finally adjusted to our new house, it took her a little over a week to be OK with it. I think it didn't help either that I started a new job the same week so she had to adjust to me being gone in the afternoons. But now she loves it. Especially our 8 ft picture window. She sits in front of it all day and basks in the sun light (she has such a hard life!) Kory and I swear she is more cat then dog! Except she is only the good parts of a cat and good parts of a dog. She also loves our kitchen vent. That is her new place to sleep. As much as I hate having a dog bed right by my sink, I am glad she is finding her place in our new home.

Besides our ceilings, we haven't started any big remodeling projects just yet. We have been busy doing the things we didn't think of, like replacing door knobs, kitchen cabinet knobs, deep cleaning everything, putting up coat hangers and getting a garbage disposal (We didn't plan on putting one in until we remodeled the kitchen, but I was done with that after a day).

Hopefully today we will begin working on our bedroom closet and then next week the Bathroom!

4 comments:

saraH said...

Good work on the remodeling! and saejoon got married cuz he had some visa problems. but they're still having the reception as planned. i hope they still come! love ya

Kat Clark said...

That is so funny that you said Jesus' isn't a republican because I was waiting for someone to tell me he was. I have thought about it all day what I would do if someone tried to pull that card and still haven't come up with a good answer. Anyway, I don't think He is a democrat either. Thanks for the comment. Change-we can believe in! :)

Kory said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kory said...

So I was on my friend from highschool's blog and found this picture. Their kid looks exactly like James!